- tar zxvf source-1.1.0.tar.gz | abbrev
- unzip archive.zip | abbrev
- make | abbrev
- tail -F /var/log/messages | abbrev
Compiling is simple if you're using GNU make:
make abbrevYou don't need to supply a Makefile. The implicit rule will work. You can optionally supply CFLAGS=-O3 to the make command, as well as optionally strip the executable after make. To install, just move the executable to somewhere in your PATH. It should compile out of the box on Linux and Mac OS X.
There are some subtle features that one might not notice:
- Output is throttled to a certain frame rate (default 30 fps).
- Resizing the terminal window will cause the line length to adjust accordingly.
Post a Comment